Tags

, , , ,

picture24jul07-032

Dewey is a ghost town. Originally named Kingsferry, it began in the 1880s when Samuel King built and operated a ferry across the Grand River (now considered part of the Colorado River). A small community soon developed around the ferry. The town served as a ferry crossing until the Dewey Bridge was constructed in 1916.

 

Advertisements