An Obelisk about 16 feet high on the corner of Center and Main in downtown Bountiful, Utah tells the following:
Bountiful City, incorporated December 14, 1892.
Perrigrine Sessions drove his wagon north to this area in September of 1847. Here Sessions Settlement had its beginning. The second settlement in the Territory of Utah. In 1855, thirty-seven years prior to incorporation as a city. The name was changed to Bountiful.
Education in this community was always important. As early as 1848 local pioneer children were taught by Hannah Holbrook in her Wickiup School.
Bountiful Harvests – Orchards and gardens were planted in abundance, supplying produce to local pioneer families. Bountiful harvests brought the development of the growers market, allowing widespread distribution of produce.