Echo Church and School
Constructed C. 1876, this building served protestants as a church and school until 1880 when it was sold to the Echo School District. Latter-day Saints then obtained permission to worship here and bought the building in 1913. The chapel served until 1963 when it was closed due to Echo’s declining population. The young adults, L.D.S youth group, reopened the chapel in 1974 and placed this marker in 1976.