Tags

, , ,

2016-10-17-17-53-54

History of Eggett Memorial Park

Aaron and Sarah Smethurst homesteaded 160 acres on this site in 1895.
John and Mary Eggett bought the early pioneer farm for $400 in 1902 and raised nine children here.  Farm animals, orchards, and a garden provided most of their needs.  The Eggett family held all the property until 1959, when part of it became Memorial Estates Cemetery.  After the floods in 1983, a landfill bridge was built to the east and the John Eggett family donated three acres to Bountiful City for this park while the remainder was subdivided.