Elsinore – DUP Marker #160
Elsinore, named for a town in Denmark, was settled in 1874-75 by families of James C. Jensen, Charles H. Nielsen, Lars Hansen. Niels Eirckson, Hans Nielsen, William and Vigo Smith; Thomas C. Jensen and sons; (Jens Ivor, Christian J, Niels Peter), Rasmus Raphealsen, Soren C. Petersen, Soren J. Kjeldsen, and Albinus Johnsen. They divided the land, dug a canal, and lived the United Order. In 1876, a rock building 20′ x 30′ was erected on this site to serve as a school, recreation hall, and church.