Hotel Roberts – Provo
Hotel Roberts was a historic hotel, built in 1882 on University Avenue (US-189) in Provo, Utah, United States. This Mission-style hotel was a famous landmark and a center of Provo social activity for much of the early 20th century. It also served briefly as the Language Training Mission (now called the Missionary Training Center) for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In December 1919 the hotel was purchased by Mark Anderson who would later serve as Mayor of Provo and the namesake of the Provo power plant, “The Mark Anderson Utility Center.” The hotel remained in the family for many years and was run by Anderson’s son, Mark Anderson Jr, until he retired in 1995 at the age of 76 when the family sold the hotel because the upkeep was too much.
In later years, Hotel Roberts fell into serious disrepair, with profound structural and water damage, and was largely known as a residence for transients. Neglect by the owners and lack of community support to maintain the building led to its demolition in 2004. (text from Wikipedia)
Hotel Roberts was at 192 S University.