The McIntyre Building was constructed in 1908-1909 for William H. McIntire, Sr. who became wealthy after the development of his mammoth mine in Utah’s Tintic Mining District. This building, designed by Richard K.A. Kletting and constructed of reinforced concrete, is one of the first fire-proof buildings west of the Mississippi River. It is also the earliest and best remaining example of Sullivanesque architecture in Utah.
The McIntyre Building is located at 68 S Main St, SLC, Utah.