205 East Vine Street
This one-and-a-half story Victorian Eclectic style house was constructed in circa 1895 by James Perry Freeze. Freeze was an early LDS pioneer and active in local business, church, and civic affairs. He purchased 184 acres in 1811 for $7,800 and likely built this house for his second wife, Sarah Jane Granter. Her son, Sherman G. Freeze, sold the City of Murray some of the land which later became Murray City Park. Character-defining architectural features of the home include its hip-roofed dormers, dentil stringcourse rock-faced brick at top of window openings and above the foundation, coursed rock-faced sandstone foundation, leaded and transom windows, and shingle-sided dormers. The home is a key contributor to the Murray Downtown Historic District.