New Grand Hotel
1910, John C. Craig
Colorful, inlaid tiles and a wide, bracketed cornice adorn the New Grand Hotel.
John Daly built the hotel in 1910. Daly owned several lucrative silver mines in Park City, including the Daly-West, and was influential in Salt Lake City’s non-Mormon business community. The south side of the building features a beautiful cast iron and colored glass canopy above a basement entrance. This canopy has sheltered the patrons of the clubs, like the Grand Billiard Parlor and the Chi Chi Dancing Club, housed here since the building’s completion. The current occupant, the Manhattan Club, has been in operation at this location since 1951.
Located at 7 East 400 South in downtown Salt Lake City.
This is part of the Exchange Place Historic District.