1907, David C. Dart
The Judge Building was built by a business savvy widow. Mary Judge was married to John Judge, a partner with Thomas Kearns and David Keith in developing the Silver King Mine in Park City.
After John’s death, Mary multiplied her fortune with investments in real estate and mines. In addition to proving herself a capable businesswoman, Judge donated generously to a variety of charities. The Judge Building was once known as the Railroad Exchange Building. By 1909, 22 railroad companies had their Salt Lake offices here. The Commercial style building features a copper cornice, colorful ceramic tile triangles, and swags of carved stone fruit above the seventh-story windows.
Located at 8 East 300 South in Salt Lake City, Utah
This is part of the Exchange Place Historic District.