Frank Andrew Building
Frank Andrew was a prominent Park City merchant who established a hardware and house furnishings emporium in 1892. After his place of business was destroyed in the Great Fire of 1898, Andrew built this structure in the fall of that year. Reflecting a trend to make buildings less vulnerable to fire, this building was constructed of stone with a brick facade.
Andrew’s business, which dealt in both new and used furniture, occupied the entire premises. Originally the entry was located on the south end, with a four-sectioned display window to the north of it. Andrew’s name was shown on the upper part of the front facade, and is still visible today.
Presently the building has a central, recessed entry flanked by display windows, a typical configuration in Victorian mining town commercial structures. The interior has been divided to accommodate two separate businesses at ground level, and has for many years housed a hair salon and ice cream parlor. The basement was also remodeled to serve as a bar and, more recently, a restaurant.
Located on historic Park City Main Street in Park City, Utah.
Pingback: Park City Main Street | JacobBarlow.com