957 East Center Street
The house is a good example of an English Tudor period cottage. The steep roof pitches, large front chimney, round arched entry and multicolored brick are elements of this style. The property has been owned by members of the Pierpont family since 1962. The Pierpont name is well known due to Thomas Pierpont, who was prominent in the steel and foundry business. Other owners of this home include Albert and Pauline Taylor (1937 to 1953) and Ralph and Elaine Bringhurst (1953 to 1962).