One of the most common names I come across in my exploring is John C Fremont, I decided to start this page to document and organize those places I come across that reference him.
John Charles Frémont or Fremont (January 21, 1813 – July 13, 1890) was an American explorer, politician, and soldier who, in 1856, became the first candidate of the Republican Party for the office of President of the United States. During the 1840s he led five expeditions into the American West.
- Fremont, California
- Fremont Indians and Fremont Indian State Park named from the river which is named after him.
- Fremont, Idaho
- Fremont Junction, Utah
- Fremont Lake in Wyoming
- Fremont, Nebraska
- Fremont Park DUP Marker
- Fremont Street in Las Vegas is named for him.
- Fremont, Utah
- Fremont, Wyoming and Fremont County
- John C. Fremont Marker UPTLA #33 in Weber County
- John C. Freemont Memorial in Parowan, Utah
- Winter Trail in Fremont Canyon