This two story brick structure functioned as a home and business from its building in 1890. It exhibits characteristics of late nineteenth century Western commercial architecture in its use of materials, plan and construction, and decorative elements. The main facade piercing is asymmetrical below a highly decorative metal cornice arrangement. Segmentally arched openings are located at the second story level, where a double unit arrangement opens onto a small balcony. Flat arched windows with stone lintels mark the first floor level of the main facade. Stained glass panels are incorporated into these windows. Entrances and secondary window configurations are located on side elevation.

This structure is significant as one of only two single family residences remaining in the downtown area. It documents not only the probable presence at an earlier time of other single family residential architecture in the area, but also the combination of homey residence and business in one structure in the business district.

Christopher Cramer built the home in 1890. It served as not only his residence, but also housed his floral shop. Cramer was born in Denmark, December 1, 1851. He came to Salt Lake in the 1860’s and became a florist. In 1897 Cramer sold the house to ?? Crandal and moved his business to another location in the city, the corner of 15 South and 3rd East. Crandal sold to Mary K. Jost that same year. In 1905, Jost sold to John E. Johnson. Johnson operated Scandra Grocery Store near by at 156 E. ? South. Johnson was a partner of August H. and Alma Erickson.

Johnson sold this home to Erickson in 1932. Erickson lived here until 1944. . Zions Savings Bank Co. owned the. home after Ericksons. Zions sold the home to Geory and Britta C. Nilsson in 1958.

The Christopher Cramer House is located at 241 S Floral Ave in Salt Lake City, Utah