In 1875, John E. Forsgren, assisted by others from Santaquin, attempted to establish a community after “The Order of Enoch” on the west side of Sevier River, but failed in their scheme. Under leadership of William Robinson, in 1877, the area was resettled and called Dover. At its peak there were 50 homes, a store and a community building. River floods ruined crops and swarms of mosquitoes brought diphtheria epidemics. The death rate was very high. By 1900, all the town people had left, leaving only the dead behind. Zina Pickett bought the cemetery land and gave the deed to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
D.U.P. Marker # 422