Casa De Tableta
California Registered Historical Landmark # 825
This structure, built by Felix Buelna in the 1850’s, served as a gambling retreat and meeting place for Mexican-Californios. It was strategically located on the earliest trail used both by Rancheros and American settlers crossing the peninsula to the coast and served this remote area. Acquired by an American in 1868, it has continued to serve under various names as a roadhouse and saloon.
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the town of Portola Valley, May 24, 1969.