This two-story Victorian Eclectic house was built c. 1904 for Heber J. and Augusta Grant, the seventh president of the LDS church and first president born in Utah. He played an important role in the development of the church in early Utah. Grant also had a pervasive influence o Utah’s business community. He was involved in various enterprises including several insurance companies, a livery stable, a leading Salt Lake City newspaper, a bank, the famed Salt Lake Theatre, and the Utah Sugar Company.
Augusta Grant oversaw construction of the home, Heber J. moved into the home in 1905 after returning from a church mission. It is a rare and classic downtown single family residential home with commercial buildings all around. The grants lived here until 1916, since it has been many things, a law office for one and was vacant for years before a fire in 2020.
174 East South Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah