The Oscar Swett Ranch consists of three pioneer homesteads–the first settled by Sanford Green in 1907, the second in 1909 by Mr. Swett’s mother and the third by Oscar Swett in 1913. The consolidation of the three homesteads was completed in 1928 when Oscar Swett bought the Sanford Green Homestead. The 397 acre ranch was operated with only horse-drawn equipment for 60 years until it was purchased by the United States Forest Service in 1970.
Located at N 40.87808 W 109.48809
The historic marker/plaque is located at N 40° 52.350 W 109° 29.758