Farmington Tithing Office
LDS Davis State President’s Office
During the late 1800s, this property was used as an LDS tithing lot for hay, grain, and produce. At that time, all of Davis County was one LDS Stake. The president of the Davis Stake was Joseph Hyrum Grant, who resided in Woods Cross, making him inaccessible to most church members. The LDS leadership ordered a Stake President’s Office to be located near the center of the Stake’s population, and here it was built in 1907. The building’s construction was supervised by James H. Robinson, bishop of the Farmington Ward. After the North Davis and South Davis Stakes were formed in 1915, the South Davis Stake Presidency moved its headquarters to Bountiful, and the Farmington office was put up for sale. Farmington City purchased the property and moved its offices from the top floor of the County Courthouse, turning this building into the Farmington City Hall in the fall of 1917. Part of the building was converted into a library, and the Volunteer Fire Department used the east bay for storage of fire-fighting equipment. In August of 1970, Farmington City moved its offices into a new building to the north. The Farmington Lions Club leased the old City Hall until 2001, when the city regained ownership and renovated it into a museum. The Farmington City Historical Museum opened on July 9, 2004.
- National Historic Register Form
- Pioneer Cannon (historic marker located here)
- Tithing Offices
- Farmington, Utah