PIONEER CANNON This old iron cannon was brought across the plains in 1847 by Mormon pioneers. It had been used in Nauvoo, Illinois by the Nauvoo Legion. When the persecuted Saints were driven across the Mississippi River, this was one of the cannons taken by them. It was used in the Morrisite Battle at Uintah at the mouth of Weber Canyon in 1862. It has been fired in many celebrations.
This marker was located outside the museum at 110 North Main Street in Farmington, Utah and is now inside.
Pingback: Farmington Tithing Office | JacobBarlow.com