James William Clyde House
This historic brick Victorian Eclectic style house was constructed circa 1884 for Richard and Agnes Jones. They lived in the house for only a few years before selling it to James William Clyde in December of 1889. Mr. Clyde lived in the home until about 1927, when hw built a new house adjacent to this one. During this first quarter of the twentieth century, Clyde was an influential contributor to Heber City. He ran a successful cattle-ranching enterprise and operated various small businesses. His influence as a politician in many capacities included service as a state legislator, state senator, and the first mayor of Heber City. The home retains its historic architectural integrity and is a key contributing resource on Heber City’s Main Street.
Located at 312 South Main Street in Heber City, Utah.