This rock building was erected in 1887 by Uintah Stake of the L.D.S. Church on ground contributed by Jeremiah Hatch Sr. for $1.00. Men hauled rock from which Harley Mowery and John Jacob Slaugh, experienced stone masons, constructed this office. The building was laid out by the north star. For many years the church members paid their tithing here. Which was one tenth of their increase in money or produce. The proceeds were used for general church purposes.