Settlement of Greenville
In 1860 Samuel Edwards, George Horton, William Richards and David Miller with their families came from Parowan and Cedar City and settled Dry Creek. Soon others followed. Homes were built of logs, rock, and adobe. The meadows were covered with lush growth which furnished winter feed and summer pasture, hence the name of “Greenville.” A grist mill was built in 1865 by William Barton which served nearby communities. The first log school house was built on the site where a church was later erected. It was used for church and school until 1906. An L.D.S. Ward was organized in 1872 with Robert Easton as Bishop.