A house, built in the fort in 1867, first served this community as a school, William Crosley teacher. Night classes were held for adults. A tithing granary was also used for school purposes. In 1885 one large room, built of rock was constructed and later another room added. In 1896 the school was again enlarged. First kindergarten in Box Elder County taught here. This bell called the children to school and rang for special occasions until 1913 when a large brick building was erected.
This is DUP Marker #304 located at Bear River City Park at 5810 North 4800 West in Bear River City, Utah