Located outside the Vernal DUP Museum at the old Tithing Office.
During the hard winder of 1879 flour was scarce in the valley. Flour was hauled from outside towns at great risk. A way to grind flour for the settlers was desperately needed. Two small crude burrs were hand hewn by Moroni Taylor for W.G. Reynolds, they were turned by horse or manpower.
In 1880 the first flour mill using water power was built by W.P. Reynolds and son, W.G. New machinery was purchased and larger burrs (displayed here) operated the flour mill by water power for forty years.