In 1866-7, U.S. Army made road to Price and bridge across Duchesne River. At this point Henderson’s Indian Trading Post, Caldwell’s Stage Station and a blacksmith shop were erected.
1905, Army surveyed townsite named for H. P. Myton, Supt. Indian Affairs. It became a booming frontier gateway including hotels, bank, flour mill, and newspaper, “The Uintah Chiefton.” Homesteaders started churches, school, theater and sports. First town board Pres., Hayden Calvert. Wm. Zowe, Post Master.
This is D.U.P. Historic Marker #388, located at 78 East Main Street in Myton, Utah