, , , , , ,

Lake Fork

After 1861 this area was an Indian Reservation until opened for settlement in 1905. Homesteaders arrived, cleared land, dug ditches, planted crops and built cabins. Home erected by David Richardson, moved here, became the first post office; Rhoda Barker Post Mistress. Bell adornment hunt in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints building erected on this site, also used for recreation and school, William Neal, first teacher. Lake Fork was renamed Upalco.

This is Daughters of Utah Pioneers markers #355 located in Upalco, Utah