Greek Revival style, Historic Churches, Manti, NRHP, oolite limestone, Presbyterian, Presbyterian Churches, Sanpete County, utah
The First Presbyterian Church of Manti
This mission church and school constructed in 1881 of native oolite limestone in the Greek Revival style was designed by architect Peter Van Houghton of Salt Lake City. The church was constructed under the supervision of Reverend G.W. Martin who arrived in Manti in 1879 and remained in Manti until his death forty years later. The church was one of several Presbyterian churches built in central Utah’s Sanpete and Sevier Valleys under the direction of Reverend Duncan McMillan, Presbyterian Mission Superintendent in Utah from 1875 to 1917.
Located at 165 South Main Street in Manti, Utah