In 1880, George Starrh, a Snake River placer miner, started a ferry across Snake River one mile north of here.
From 1880-2, freighters hauling supplies for a mining rush to Wood River used Starrh’s ferry (powered by river current when stiff winds were not blowing too hard), and local traffic lasted until Milner reservoir flooded out summer operations after 1904. But a small town with a post office (1909-12) remained there for more than a decade. During that time, nearby bridges replaced Starrh’s ferry.
This is Idaho Historic Marker #28 located near Burley, Idaho