In 1888 the first settlers of the Coltman Ward cleared the sage brush, dug canals and ditches, and built humble homes. At first it was a part of what was called Poverty Flat, later named Grant Ward. In 1896 Grant was divided and this, the south part, was named Coltman. Their one room building was used for church, school, recreation and community business meetings. Ebenhardt Bauer was the first Latter-day Saint presiding elder and also the first bishop.
Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #182, erected in 1953 and located at 12448 N 5th E in Ucon, Idaho.
These photos provided by Marshall Hurst: