Rexburg Tabernacle Centennial
round was broken on May 14, 1911 by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to construct a tabernacle for the purpose of holding conference, baptisms, and other special meetings. President Joseph F. Smith dedicated the tabernacle eight months later on January 7, 1912. The original cost was $29,000. Church services were held in the tabernacle until June 5, 1976, when the Teton Dam broke and flooded the upper valley. The church then sold the tabernacle to the city of Rexburg to be restored as a civic center and museum.
The above text is from the monument, Sons of Utah Pioneers historic marker #180 which is located at 51 North Center Street at the Rexburg Tabernacle in Rexburg, Idaho in Madison County.
The photos below were submitted by Marshall Hurst: