Salina Fort & Tithing Office
Work on the Fort began in 1865. The Fort was 214 feet square, on ground purchased from Christian Sorenson. The walls were 10 feet high, and two feet thick with bastions 10 feet square at the four corners with port holes in walls and bastions. Inside of the Fort a one room brick building erected by Jens Jensen, was used for many years as tithing office, and is now the Relic Hall of Old Fort Camp. The enclosure was large enough to shelter all families. Stone used was taken from the old quarry northeast of Salina.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup