, , ,


Franklin, the first permanent Anglo-Saxon settlement in Idaho was settled in 1860 by a group of Mormon pioneer families from Utah. The Fort in which they first lived was erected for protection against Indians, Men standing guard outside at night for the safety of their families, livestock, and possessions, the Northwest corner of the old fort was situated 50 feet southwest from here. During the summer of 1860 homes were erected outside the fort and within the enclosure a school house was built.


Other markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers are listed at JacobBarlow.com/dup