Tags

, , ,

Thomas Barrett Farmstead
(63 North 400 West)

Image

Thomas Barrett Farmstead

In 1886 Thomas Barrett received a patent on 160 acres on the Provo Bench. He planted orchards and went into the fruit business with his sons. When this house was completed in 1887, Thomas, his wife Sarah, and seven of their nine living children moved into it. Although the original portion of this ca. 1887 Victorian Eclectic Cross-wing remains fairly well intact, it has had several additions that have nearly doubled the size of the original house. The exterior of the home is stucco which was applied over the original brick by the Larsens who owned the home from 1944 to 1969. Many of the original windows, including original glass remain intact. The original moldings under the eaves and detailing on the porch are all intact and in excellent condition.

Image