In March, 1864, about fifty Pioneers under the leadership of Jens Neilson settled Panguitch and built a fort of logs, enclosing their homes and a building used for church, school and recreation. The town was abandoned in 1867 because of Indian trouble, the people moving to Beaver, Parowan and Paragonah. In 1870 President Young called George W. Sevy to lead a company and resettle Panguitch. In March, 1871, a small band of people left Paragonah, arriving in Panguitch March 16, 1871. They found the Fort had not been molested.
Located at 202 East Center Street in Panguitch, Utah