At this site, the first settlers entered Park City. George G. Snyder, his wife Rhoda, and their three children had cleared their way through the forest to arrive at their destination on May 25, 1872. On July 4, 1872, a celebration was held, a U.S. flag flown to the breeze, and the name Park City given officially to the town. Mrs. Snyder and daughters made the flag from a bed-sheet, a red flannel baby blanket and blue silk handkerchief. The bell hung atop the City Hall from 1902 to 1948.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup