In 1852 Mormon Pioneers who had settled on the American Fork creek received orders to build a fort for protection from indians. Most cabins were moved into an enclosure 80×74 rods, covering 37 acres. By 1855 each of the families built a wall 12×6 feet across the rear of his lot, using clay poured into log forms. A tax was levied to erect a corral in center of the fort with gates at corners. This monument marks the south wall. The bell was on the first city hall and tolled for all meetings and curfew at nine.
This marker is located in William S. Robinson Park.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup