At Parowan, a pioneer industrial center was settled in 1851. Water for manufacturing and industry was carried by wooden flume from the canyon to the fort. Along this water line industries were established known as the Public Works. Among these were cabinet shop, tannery, gun and machine shop, blacksmith shop, wooden tub and bucket factory, pottery factory, saddle and harness shop and shoe shop. Located inside the fort was a grist burr mill. Monument erected on grist mill site.
- Other DUP Markers
- Parowan, Utah
See more DUP Historic Markers at: JacobBarlow.com/dup/
Pingback: Parowan, Utah | JacobBarlow.com