First Public building in Summit County, built in 1865. Originally used as county building, meeting house and amusement hall, later as school house. Dedicated by President Brigham Young in the fall of 1868. Summit Stake was organized in this building July 9, 1877 with W.W. Cluff as President, George Snyder first and Alma Eldredge second counselors. The building had a belfry and large bell that was used for alarm and curfew. The bell was last rung on the morning that the World War armistice was signed, November 11, 1918.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup