As early as 1845 Brigham Young advised the Saints to store grain. December 14, 1876 Bishop Joseph S. Rawlins asked the sisters living in this vicinity to store wheat. February 8, 1877 the first donations were received. A temporary bin was built. Later, a tract of land 20 rods wide was given for the granary. On July 13, 1877 Mary Rawlins was made chairman of the building committee. Some of the young men were asked to haul the rock. On May 17, 1878 the granary was completed.
See the other historic markers located at the same site here.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup