This building was originally a stage coach station built and operated in 1866 by William Reeves for the Wells Fargo Company which had control of the overland route. After the Utah Central R.R. was completed in 1870, it was abandoned. Mr. Reeves remodeled the station, making an amusement hall where dances and home dramatic performances were given. It was known as Elkhorn Hall. Religious meetings were held here during the construction of the Centerville Ward Church in 1879-1880.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow.com/dup