On this spot of ground, in 1873, an adobe building, the first recreation center in Richfield, was erected by pioneers Austin M., Alonzo L. and Albert Farnsworth. Accepted into the United Order in 1874., acquired by the L.D.S. Church in 1877 for all Church and recreation purposes. Two wings were added in 1882 and a bell was hung. In 1901 two brick rooms were built. In the fall of 1887 an L.D.S. Stake Academy was established and operated until 1893. Thus the name “Academy Hall”.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup
Pingback: Richfield, Utah | JacobBarlow.com
Pingback: Richfield by Address | JacobBarlow.com