Snake River Bridge
Erected May, 1953
On December 10, 1864 a franchise was granted to Edward M. Morgan, James M. ( Matt ) Taylor, and William F. Bartlett to operate a ferry one and one-half miles below Cedar Island and build a bridge over Snake River at Black Canyon. Mr. Taylor selected the bridge and in 1864-65 erected an 83 foot wooden span with solid rock anchorage on both sides. It was a modified Queens Truss type. This first bridge to cross Snake River was located 1320 feet south of this spot. A replica of the bridge tops this monument.
Bonneville County, Idaho
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup