In Pioneer days the block on which this building stands was used for all commmunity out-door gatherings. On the northwest corner the first schoolhouse in South Morgan was built, when, in 1866, the people taxed themselves to erect the building. In 1885, on the south half of the block, the first City and County Court House was finished. It was used for dances, entertainments, home of Weber College, as well as City & County Building. This building was completed March 12, 1950 and was dediated (sic) April 26, 1953.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup