Fillmore was settled in 1851. Before the close of the first year the Pioneers had erected a log school room inside the fort. It had split logs for seats, a dirt roof and floor. In 1854 an adobe church was built which also served as school. In 1867 three small school buildings were erected. This is one of them. It was the first building financed by the taxpayers. Contractors, Dellie Webb & Ova Peterson, Builders: Horace & James Owens, Nat Baldwin, Lewis Tarbuck, John Ashman, James & Ralph Rowley, Hans & Christian Hanson, & John Powell.
This is Daughters of Utah Pioneers historic marker #190 located at 95 South 100 West in Fillmore, Utah
Pingback: Fillmore, Utah | JacobBarlow.com
Pingback: Schools in Utah | JacobBarlow.com