The first settlers, James and Janet Duncan with four other families came in 1857, lived in dugouts on the ridge one mile west. In 1859 a culinary water problem caused them to move east where ten families began the settlement of Meadow, so named for its productive meadowland. In 1863 Wm. Henry Scott was appointed presiding elder of the branch. The ward was organized 1877 with Hyrum B. Bennett, Bishop. This Church, built in 1884, also served for school and public gatherings, as did the first log schoolhouse of Meadow.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup