In 1872 a group of young men organized a debating & public speaking society with Geo. H. Brimhall, President. They erected this building. Samuel Brockbank had charge of getting logs and construction. John F. Gay, carpenter, Nicholas Smith, timekeeper. 45 or 46 shares at $15,00 each were subscribed; a stove, teacher’s desk and blackboard purchased. Cost $675.00. School opened February 3, 1873, William Beesley instructor. Each student bought a desk. Building used for meetings, schools, socials and library. Moved to Park February 22, 1932.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup