In 1860 two grist mills were built and operated in this valley, one at Wellsville by Daniel P. Hill and the other at Millville by Esias Edwards and LeRoy Kent. The first burrstones obtained from Black Rock, Utah, proved to be too soft for grinding, so some were imported from France. The stones, embodied in this monument, were salvaged from the respective millponds by Nicholas W. Crookston in 1929 and given to the Daughters of Utah Pioneers.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup