Concrete shaft located one-half mile west on Bear River marks the site of the Nathan Williams Packer toll Ferry and Bridge, one of the first on the river. The Ferry operated with rope and carried equivalent of one team and wagon. In 1869 a bridge was built for use of mail and stage coaches en route to Montana mines, but was washed out. Rebuilt of cribs and log pilling. Again destroyed by high waters. Across the river is the site of Bridge Port, an overland station consisting of dugouts and log cabins.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup