November 1851 Hyrum and John Bybee with their families located below the mouth of Weber Canyon. Robert Watts, Robert Nelson Watts, Ebenezer C. Cherry, Levi Hammond, James Heath, Cyrus Canfield, George W. Hickerson, Mark Hall and others came in 1852. They erected cabins in fort style and called the area Kingston’s Fort, honoring Thomas Kingston, the first bishop of South Weber Ward. A log schoolhouse was erected, Cyrus Canfield the first teacher, and Sarah, wife of President Wilford Woodruff, taught in the primitive building. The Weber River was tapped for irrigation purposes.
Check out all of the historic markers placed by the Daughters of Utah Pioneers at JacobBarlow. com/dup